1. How did you become interested in spiders? Did anything as a student play a role?
2. Do you have a specific memory that you'd like to share about tracking down the face sized tarantula recently discovered in Sri Lanka? Any cool facts you'd like to share with kids?
3. Any thoughts for young people who may be interested in spiders, specifically the tarantula?
4. Do you have any tarantulas at your home?
5. What locations in the world have you traveled? Have you faced challenging locations or situations? If, so, could you share a particular memory?
1. Write a diary pretending to be Peter Kirk, tell about a day searching for a tarantula.
2. Pretend to be the Sri Lanka tarantula which was recently discovered. Tell about a day in your life. What did you see? Feel? Hear? Etc.
3. Draw a picture of a tarantula and write 3 facts learned about tarantulas on your drawing(in complete sentence form)
Learn more about tarantulas:
Please check out my TpT Store:http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Gail-Hennessey If my materials are something you might find of value, I'd be happy if you'd become a follower!