Thanks to Education World for use of my Mrs. Waffenschmidt illustration.

Thanks to Education World for use of my Mrs. Waffenschmidt illustration.
Click on icon to go to my website: http://www.gailhennessey.com

Sunday, April 14, 2013

I really enjoyed ending the school year with a short unit on economics for my 6th graders. The students really seemed to enjoy the unit and all the different activities we did to explore the concepts such as scarcity, monopoly vs. competition, being a good consumer, budgeting and especially advertising. My latest resource is a unit on economics including notes, activities, fun facts and links. I've also included a quiz.  Did you know that there is more SALT in a 1/2 cup of pudding than a slice of pizza?  Next week, I plan to add a couple of  short stories I've written on different economic concepts.Perhaps, you may find the resource of value to use with your students. Check it out here:http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Money-Money-Money-Teaching-Kids-about-being-Good-Consumers

No comments:

Post a Comment