Thanks to Education World for use of my Mrs. Waffenschmidt illustration.

Thanks to Education World for use of my Mrs. Waffenschmidt illustration.
Click on icon to go to my website: http://www.gailhennessey.com

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Thank you, Highlights for Children!

I was just informed that my article, "Art for the Sea", published in Highlights for Children's June, 2018, was awarded the Pewter Plate Award. Thank you very much for this honor!

As soon as I saw Angela Haseltine Pozzi’s amazing artwork, I thought kids might find it interesting to learn about this artist. As with Pozzi, I also hoped that the work, would draw young people(and not so young people) to look more deeply at the works of art to see just what was used in its creation. Plastics are all around us and are getting into our oceans, negatively effecting the marine life that calls the oceans their home. I hope that the article will spark kids to think twice about the plastic that they use and grow up to be better stewards of the earth than previous generations have been!


Learn more about Angela's Washed Ashore efforts:http://washedashore.org

No comments:

Post a Comment