- Illustrate one of the facts.
- Write down the 3 most interesting facts you learned.
- Create a postcard pretending you are visiting Ireland. Include 3 facts in the information you are writing to a friend or relative. Draw/ color a picture to go with your postcard.
- Would you wish to kiss the Blarney Stone? Why or why not?
- Before giving the students the factoid handout, ask the students to share prior knowledge about the country of Ireland and St. Patrick’s Day.
Irish: Go raibh maith agat
Pronunciation: Guh row mah aguth (row as in cow)
Irish: Tá fáilte romhat
Pronunciation: Thaw foil-cheh roath
Irish: Dia dhuit
Pronunciation: Djee-ah gwitch