Thanks to Education World for use of my Mrs. Waffenschmidt illustration.

Thanks to Education World for use of my Mrs. Waffenschmidt illustration.
Click on icon to go to my website: http://www.gailhennessey.com

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Penny for your thoughts...

Not an academic question but I was just wondering. Do you pick up a penny if you spot one on the sidewalk?

I do....and I still say the saying," Find a penny, pick it up. All day long, you'll have good luck."  I thought I remember in order to be a recipient of the good luck, the penny had to be "heads up".  I admit,  I used to flip the "found" penny until it landed heads but now, I just pick up the sad, lost little piece of currency and take it home.
What do you do?
Gail
http://www.gailhennessey.com

Did you Know?
There are approximately 150 billion pennies in circulation.

Did you know it costs more to make a penny that its value?

Abraham Lincoln was the first president to have his likeness on a coin. He likeness is also the only portrait turned to the right instead of the left.

The official name for the penny is the CENT(or "one cent piece").

Penny comes from the English word, "pence."

A rare PENNY sold for $1.7 million dollars.

Want a shinny penny. Place a penny in a solution of vinegar and 1 teaspoon of salt.

Quotes using pennies:

" A penny for your thoughts."


"A penny saved is a penny earned." Ben Franklin



No comments:

Post a Comment