Thanks to Education World for use of my Mrs. Waffenschmidt illustration.

Thanks to Education World for use of my Mrs. Waffenschmidt illustration.
Click on icon to go to my website: http://www.gailhennessey.com

Monday, August 26, 2013

Spinal Surgery on Wednesday :-(

Haven't posted lately....lots on my mind.
Perhaps, you have had a surgery and got the what-ifs before the operation. That is what I've been experiencing the last couple of days.  I am finding that keeping busy helps. Twelve years ago I had to have 5-7 cervical disk fused and now 3-5 are in a very unstable condition. I've put it off for three years so I am very grateful for the extra years. Now, however, I can't work in my gardens, something I love to do, have less energy due to the discomfort,the prospects of skiing this winter are a BIG no(if I fall the results could be horrible) and can't do what I love to do-travel! So, surgery is Wednesday. I will find out tomorrow during the pre-visit as to what exactly I won't be able to do for a while. I already was told-no piano(just returned to taking lessons after 47 years and love it!), probably, not computer?, no driving-for a month.
Hopefully, I can use my laptop-otherwise,going NO computer will be VERY difficult. Stocked up on videos and some books to read. Any recommendations of "fluff"-nothing heavy as I'm sure the pain meds will keep me from concentrating for a few days, would be appreciated.
Hmmm, maybe, after a few days when I am not to groggy, I just might start my novel.
I will try and post again soon.
Gail Hennessey

No comments:

Post a Comment