Thanks to Education World for use of my Mrs. Waffenschmidt illustration.

Thanks to Education World for use of my Mrs. Waffenschmidt illustration.
Click on icon to go to my website: http://www.gailhennessey.com

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

It's That Time of Year to Discuss MUMMIES!
Whether you are teaching ancient Egyptians(one of my favorite units of study when I taught 6th grade!) and are discussing mummies or maybe, you need some fun mummy information for around Halloween, I have compiled lots of fun mummy facts you may find useful.  For example:
1. Some male and female mummies were buried with extra hair wigs!
2. The mummy of Pharoah Ramses 11 has a passport. When his mummy traved to France from Egypt, a passport was issued for his travels!
3. Licorice root and watermelon seeds were found in King Tut's tomb as well as a change of underwear!

I have included lots of great resources, too(website of interest, interactive activities and video clips) and several extension activities. The resource is Amazing Mummy Facts and it is FREE. Check it out at this link:  http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Amazing-Mummy-Facts-906580

Hope you find it of value to use with your students!
Gail
http://www.gailhennessey.com ots of free resources to use with your students....



Museum Night-Each year I held a Museum Night where students displayed a project that they created. Parents and grandparents often assisted with the projects which were pretty amazing! I encouraged their involvement as I felt it was a great way to share social studies in the home. Of, course, each year, I'd get a call the morning of Museum Night asking me how I could expect their child to make a project for homework in one night...When I told the parent the students had 2 weeks AND that a paper went home to be signed explaining the project assignment, they said they would be speaking with their child.

No comments:

Post a Comment